They picked!

I really do think this is a great pick.  We almost adopted one in Richmond.  By “almost” I mean I said, upon seeing one up for adoption, “Ben, isn’t this dog adorable?  What do you think?”  And Ben said, “It has a rat tail, no.”  Instead, Graceface walked into our lives.  Graciebear, as you may know, also has an exceptionally long tail.

url2

18 Responses to “They picked!”

1. 1 gwendolyngarden February 25, 2009 at 4:22 pm

wait.. don’t tell me. I need to click on the link, don’t I?

2. 2 gwendolyngarden February 25, 2009 at 4:23 pm

OMG! This is the kind you love! Have you been secretly consulting with the President and First Lady?

3. 3 gracieandkate February 25, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I know! I’ve been sending vibes, but keeping my mouth shut. I don’t know how they’re going to adopt one, though, they’re not exactly roaming the streets as strays in large numbers. Maybe by ‘adopt’ they mean some breeder will give them one.

4. 4 Sarayu February 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Oh my goodnesss, what a puppy!!! Cute as a button. I’m madly in love with that bear of a dog. And that chocolate brown fur? Smashing.

5. 5 gracieandkate February 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I looked them up on petfinder, and there were maybe three in the country for adoption. Crazy!

6. 6 Sarayu February 25, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Don’t tell me that. I’ll end up getting a puppy toady. Oh dear, I have a feeling I know how your visit to LA is going to end…

7. 7 Kristin February 25, 2009 at 9:04 pm

I am so in love with this dog!! I also love what Michelle said about the names the girls are picking out: “Frank! What kind of a name is Frank!” Ha. I actually think it’s kind of a cute name.

8. 8 gracieandkate February 26, 2009 at 9:38 am

I think Frank is hilarious, too. I love names like that for dogs — like, Sue or Henry or Arthur. Anyway, did you see that now they’re backtracking saying that Michelle has just one vote in a family of four and they haven’t decided anything? What?!?!?

Also, did you see Sarayu last night!? If not, I’m sure you can watch it again online. Life on NBC. She totally stole the show!

9. 9 aaron February 26, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Thanks for the link! And the comment.

10. 10 Stephanie March 2, 2009 at 9:13 am

I want one too!! This dog is the cutest!

11. 11 kateandgracie March 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Crickets.

12. 12 kateandgracie March 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Ok, I’m off to LA to visit Sarayu. Does anyone need anything from California?

13. 13 Sarayu March 4, 2009 at 8:35 pm

YIPPEE!!!

14. 14 Kristin March 5, 2009 at 9:43 am

Avocadoes!

15. 15 Mary March 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm

good oranges!

16. 16 Kristin March 6, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Joan Rivers!

17. 17 gracieandkate March 10, 2009 at 10:50 am

I ate SO many avocadoes while I was there! But I did NOT see Joan Rivers. Damnit. What a waste of a trip.

New post coming soon…I miss you guys.

18. 18 Sarayu March 10, 2009 at 11:49 am

How could I have let you leave LA without a Joan Rivers sighting??? What was I thinking? Ok, I’ll have to see if I can get her to come with me next time I come home.

February 2009
« Jan   Mar »
15161718192021

This photo doesn’t wholly capture how annoying it was to put up with this medicine cabinet for four years. It infringed on the already tiny amount of space we had in our en-suite bath. So, on Friday, something amazing happened. #recessthatcabinet #brassisback #allthingsbrass #potterybarn #bathroomupgrade #happyinteriors
Aaron as hodag. #hodag #hodaginmadison #publicart #rhinelandercreature #madisonmakingsmiles #madisonwi #cityofmadison
I did not see this one coming. # # # I said something about how he should knock off the bananas #Brewers insults and he shot back . . . with this. #milwaukeebrewers #gobrewers #turninguptheheat #wisconsin #sconnielove #katokaelinblockedme #katokaelin #blockedontwitter
Miss you, Dad. #oneyear
Go Brewers!! #gobrewers #mylittlebrewer #turninguptheheat #gamefour #milwaukeebrewers #sconniefans #MILvLAD⚾️
There was a day when she learned to #dab and she didn’t tell me. And she just pulled it out at some friends’ house one night, like it was the most natural thing. And while I couldn’t stop laughing, I realized I was witnessing another example of what will be only more big steps away from me and the life I thought the three of us had together. And I know that is beautiful and how it should be. But catching myself, watching that moment, finding it in a photograph? It takes my breath away at how fleeting and transient and amazing this all is. Molly, you are my #everything. I’m better because of you. Being your mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. By far. And I lived in Italy! #parenting #whyivoteblue #fallinwisconsin #moments #passageoftime #itgoestoofast