They picked!

I really do think this is a great pick.  We almost adopted one in Richmond.  By “almost” I mean I said, upon seeing one up for adoption, “Ben, isn’t this dog adorable?  What do you think?”  And Ben said, “It has a rat tail, no.”  Instead, Graceface walked into our lives.  Graciebear, as you may know, also has an exceptionally long tail.

url2

18 Responses to “They picked!”

1. 1 gwendolyngarden February 25, 2009 at 4:22 pm

wait.. don’t tell me. I need to click on the link, don’t I?

2. 2 gwendolyngarden February 25, 2009 at 4:23 pm

OMG! This is the kind you love! Have you been secretly consulting with the President and First Lady?

3. 3 gracieandkate February 25, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I know! I’ve been sending vibes, but keeping my mouth shut. I don’t know how they’re going to adopt one, though, they’re not exactly roaming the streets as strays in large numbers. Maybe by ‘adopt’ they mean some breeder will give them one.

4. 4 Sarayu February 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Oh my goodnesss, what a puppy!!! Cute as a button. I’m madly in love with that bear of a dog. And that chocolate brown fur? Smashing.

5. 5 gracieandkate February 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I looked them up on petfinder, and there were maybe three in the country for adoption. Crazy!

6. 6 Sarayu February 25, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Don’t tell me that. I’ll end up getting a puppy toady. Oh dear, I have a feeling I know how your visit to LA is going to end…

7. 7 Kristin February 25, 2009 at 9:04 pm

I am so in love with this dog!! I also love what Michelle said about the names the girls are picking out: “Frank! What kind of a name is Frank!” Ha. I actually think it’s kind of a cute name.

8. 8 gracieandkate February 26, 2009 at 9:38 am

I think Frank is hilarious, too. I love names like that for dogs — like, Sue or Henry or Arthur. Anyway, did you see that now they’re backtracking saying that Michelle has just one vote in a family of four and they haven’t decided anything? What?!?!?

Also, did you see Sarayu last night!? If not, I’m sure you can watch it again online. Life on NBC. She totally stole the show!

9. 9 aaron February 26, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Thanks for the link! And the comment.

10. 10 Stephanie March 2, 2009 at 9:13 am

I want one too!! This dog is the cutest!

11. 11 kateandgracie March 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Crickets.

12. 12 kateandgracie March 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Ok, I’m off to LA to visit Sarayu. Does anyone need anything from California?

13. 13 Sarayu March 4, 2009 at 8:35 pm

YIPPEE!!!

14. 14 Kristin March 5, 2009 at 9:43 am

Avocadoes!

15. 15 Mary March 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm

good oranges!

16. 16 Kristin March 6, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Joan Rivers!

17. 17 gracieandkate March 10, 2009 at 10:50 am

I ate SO many avocadoes while I was there! But I did NOT see Joan Rivers. Damnit. What a waste of a trip.

New post coming soon…I miss you guys.

18. 18 Sarayu March 10, 2009 at 11:49 am

How could I have let you leave LA without a Joan Rivers sighting??? What was I thinking? Ok, I’ll have to see if I can get her to come with me next time I come home.

February 2009
« Jan   Mar »
15161718192021

Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse
The new @ancorakingst is everything. #ancoracoffee #ancorakingst #madisonwi #ancora #ancoramadison #madisoncoffeeshop #kingstreetbusinesses