Burned, take twenty-seven

Favre.  That’s really all I can say right now.

Well, and this: what an ^%$#&*(%.

6 Responses to “Burned, take twenty-seven”

1. 1 Sara H August 18, 2009 at 1:33 pm

For real. How is it that those Vikes aren’t mad? It’s so obvious he just wanted to avoid all the preseason work. How you can be a wuss and expect your team to respect you, I don’t know.

Also, I am disappointed that I have to be disappointed all over again.

But here’s the question: will you draft him in fantasy football? 😉

2. 2 gracieandkate August 18, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Oh no, I couldn’t do that…Or could I? No, I seriously couldn’t. That would put me in a super awkward position every week. Will you, if given the chance?!? You had Rodgers last year, didn’t you?

You know how reading the comments to a newspaper article on madison.com is always an exercise is masochism? Well, imagine my shock when today I came across some inane comment from some blowhard stating that he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about, how can people be so upset with Favre, if your dad said he was going to retire from medicine to play golf but then changed his mind, would you call him names? [I have no idea why medicine and golf, but that’s what the genius said]. I was shaking my head in wonder at the comment when I came across this gem:

“That’s a good analogy. If my father retired, and the family made plans to deal with it, but then he unretired, and expected things to go back the way they were, and then defected to another family when he didn’t get his way, and then told them he was going to retire, and did, but then started hanging out with the family across the street who everyone hates, and finally decided he would work again, but support that family? Yeah, I’d think he was kind of a bitch. Sorry dad.”

I LOVE it. Brilliant.

3. 3 Sara H August 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm

I probably wouldn’t. No, I definitely wouldn’t. Mostly just because of the disgust, but also because I really believe he’s going to stink it up.

Ha! Sorry dad!

Is it just me, or does Project Runway start Thursday? Thankfully, relevant football is on Friday and Saturday this week (because I am, of course, going to watch that vikings game).

4. 4 gretchen August 18, 2009 at 9:34 pm

It does start Thursday, but I can’t record it and Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice all at the same time . . . problems, problems . . . Yes, I realize Grey’s and Private Prac. are repeats, but I keep watching them over and over to gear myself up for the premieres . . . what to do, what to do . . .

Oh, and Favre is ridiculous . . .

5. 5 gwendolyngarden August 19, 2009 at 9:16 am

What readers of this blog miss is the hilarity of Kate telling the “my dad” story. I haven’t stopped laughing since. except for sleeping.

6. 6 gracieandkate August 19, 2009 at 11:24 am

That dad story is sooooooo good. The problem though is it’s so good that it encourages me to read the comments, which is not good.

PR does start Thursday, but Thursday is also book club. I’m hoping it’s rerunning when I get home. Though I’m not going to despair toooooo much if I miss the first one. I’m super curious about how it’s going to look on lifetime. I’m worried the color will be all off and it’ll look cheap.

Is facebook working for anyone?

August 2009
« Jul   Sep »
16171819202122

Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse
The new @ancorakingst is everything. #ancoracoffee #ancorakingst #madisonwi #ancora #ancoramadison #madisoncoffeeshop #kingstreetbusinesses