Burned, take twenty-seven

Favre.  That’s really all I can say right now.

Well, and this: what an ^%$#&*(%.

6 Responses to “Burned, take twenty-seven”

1. 1 Sara H August 18, 2009 at 1:33 pm

For real. How is it that those Vikes aren’t mad? It’s so obvious he just wanted to avoid all the preseason work. How you can be a wuss and expect your team to respect you, I don’t know.

Also, I am disappointed that I have to be disappointed all over again.

But here’s the question: will you draft him in fantasy football? 😉

2. 2 gracieandkate August 18, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Oh no, I couldn’t do that…Or could I? No, I seriously couldn’t. That would put me in a super awkward position every week. Will you, if given the chance?!? You had Rodgers last year, didn’t you?

You know how reading the comments to a newspaper article on madison.com is always an exercise is masochism? Well, imagine my shock when today I came across some inane comment from some blowhard stating that he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about, how can people be so upset with Favre, if your dad said he was going to retire from medicine to play golf but then changed his mind, would you call him names? [I have no idea why medicine and golf, but that’s what the genius said]. I was shaking my head in wonder at the comment when I came across this gem:

“That’s a good analogy. If my father retired, and the family made plans to deal with it, but then he unretired, and expected things to go back the way they were, and then defected to another family when he didn’t get his way, and then told them he was going to retire, and did, but then started hanging out with the family across the street who everyone hates, and finally decided he would work again, but support that family? Yeah, I’d think he was kind of a bitch. Sorry dad.”

I LOVE it. Brilliant.

3. 3 Sara H August 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm

I probably wouldn’t. No, I definitely wouldn’t. Mostly just because of the disgust, but also because I really believe he’s going to stink it up.

Ha! Sorry dad!

Is it just me, or does Project Runway start Thursday? Thankfully, relevant football is on Friday and Saturday this week (because I am, of course, going to watch that vikings game).

4. 4 gretchen August 18, 2009 at 9:34 pm

It does start Thursday, but I can’t record it and Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice all at the same time . . . problems, problems . . . Yes, I realize Grey’s and Private Prac. are repeats, but I keep watching them over and over to gear myself up for the premieres . . . what to do, what to do . . .

Oh, and Favre is ridiculous . . .

5. 5 gwendolyngarden August 19, 2009 at 9:16 am

What readers of this blog miss is the hilarity of Kate telling the “my dad” story. I haven’t stopped laughing since. except for sleeping.

6. 6 gracieandkate August 19, 2009 at 11:24 am

That dad story is sooooooo good. The problem though is it’s so good that it encourages me to read the comments, which is not good.

PR does start Thursday, but Thursday is also book club. I’m hoping it’s rerunning when I get home. Though I’m not going to despair toooooo much if I miss the first one. I’m super curious about how it’s going to look on lifetime. I’m worried the color will be all off and it’ll look cheap.

Is facebook working for anyone?

August 2009
« Jul   Sep »
16171819202122

This photo doesn’t wholly capture how annoying it was to put up with this medicine cabinet for four years. It infringed on the already tiny amount of space we had in our en-suite bath. So, on Friday, something amazing happened. #recessthatcabinet #brassisback #allthingsbrass #potterybarn #bathroomupgrade #happyinteriors
Aaron as hodag. #hodag #hodaginmadison #publicart #rhinelandercreature #madisonmakingsmiles #madisonwi #cityofmadison
I did not see this one coming. # # # I said something about how he should knock off the bananas #Brewers insults and he shot back . . . with this. #milwaukeebrewers #gobrewers #turninguptheheat #wisconsin #sconnielove #katokaelinblockedme #katokaelin #blockedontwitter
Miss you, Dad. #oneyear
Go Brewers!! #gobrewers #mylittlebrewer #turninguptheheat #gamefour #milwaukeebrewers #sconniefans #MILvLAD⚾️
There was a day when she learned to #dab and she didn’t tell me. And she just pulled it out at some friends’ house one night, like it was the most natural thing. And while I couldn’t stop laughing, I realized I was witnessing another example of what will be only more big steps away from me and the life I thought the three of us had together. And I know that is beautiful and how it should be. But catching myself, watching that moment, finding it in a photograph? It takes my breath away at how fleeting and transient and amazing this all is. Molly, you are my #everything. I’m better because of you. Being your mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. By far. And I lived in Italy! #parenting #whyivoteblue #fallinwisconsin #moments #passageoftime #itgoestoofast