Seriously, It’s Windy

Today we took a boat tour.  It was supposed to be a tour of the island of Malta, as well as of the small island of Comino.  We should have been able to see some awesome temples and cliffs and all sorts of things.  Instead, due to high winds on the south side of Malta, we were put on a different boat and told we’d cruise along the north and see Gozo, the second largest in this tiny archipelago.  But even that didn’t happen.  It was WINDY!  We cruised along the north and saw the teeny tiny islands called St. Paul’s where Paul was supposedly shipwrecked in 60 AD.  We anchored in a couple of bays, one of which had some neat grottos, and just hung out on the boat.  People had gotten sick left and right — including Aaron — so we didn’t get past Malta.  It was still really beautiful, though, and after the noon hour the sun came out and was warm and lovely.

It was about a 6 1/2 hour trip, though, so as I write this, I still feel like I’m riding the waves.

The question of the day: will our flight leave for London tomorrow or not?  I hope so.  I’d love to stay in Malta, but I miss Gracie.

8 Responses to “Seriously, It’s Windy”

1. 1 Mary May 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

would loved all of it except the sick part! Poor Aaron. Pround of your strong constitution…..hope the plane gets out of there. I miss you.

2. 2 Raoser May 16, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Motion-sickness is the worst. Oh, A. I hope the flight stuff all works out. Baby puppy misses you too. When you come home, she’s going jump all over you, and bring you shoes, and when you sit on the sofa, she’ll definitely have to have her paw on you, if not her whole head.

3. 3 Jane Roe May 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Hope that you have no flight problems. Gracie needs her momma!

4. 4 kateandgracie May 17, 2010 at 2:26 am

We’re on pins and needles here, wondering if our flight is going to go. This afternoon seems better for flights, but ours doesn’t leave until 9:30ish. Late. This damn ash. That volcano needs to shut it.

5. 5 gwendolyngarden May 17, 2010 at 11:32 am

I’m praying for you and your unashed flight back to Londontown.

6. 6 Raoser May 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Hey Volcano, shut it! I hope you’re on a plane right now.

7. 7 Heather May 19, 2010 at 11:23 am

Are you back stateside? I know I didn’t comment but I really enjoyed being able to keep tabs on you during your adventure!

8. 8 gwendolyngarden May 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I’m glad to hear that you are back. Whenever you are rested enough, I can’t wait to see pictures!

May 2010
« Apr   Jun »
16171819202122

Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse
The new @ancorakingst is everything. #ancoracoffee #ancorakingst #madisonwi #ancora #ancoramadison #madisoncoffeeshop #kingstreetbusinesses