Seriously, It’s Windy

Today we took a boat tour.  It was supposed to be a tour of the island of Malta, as well as of the small island of Comino.  We should have been able to see some awesome temples and cliffs and all sorts of things.  Instead, due to high winds on the south side of Malta, we were put on a different boat and told we’d cruise along the north and see Gozo, the second largest in this tiny archipelago.  But even that didn’t happen.  It was WINDY!  We cruised along the north and saw the teeny tiny islands called St. Paul’s where Paul was supposedly shipwrecked in 60 AD.  We anchored in a couple of bays, one of which had some neat grottos, and just hung out on the boat.  People had gotten sick left and right — including Aaron — so we didn’t get past Malta.  It was still really beautiful, though, and after the noon hour the sun came out and was warm and lovely.

It was about a 6 1/2 hour trip, though, so as I write this, I still feel like I’m riding the waves.

The question of the day: will our flight leave for London tomorrow or not?  I hope so.  I’d love to stay in Malta, but I miss Gracie.

8 Responses to “Seriously, It’s Windy”

1. 1 Mary May 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

would loved all of it except the sick part! Poor Aaron. Pround of your strong constitution…..hope the plane gets out of there. I miss you.

2. 2 Raoser May 16, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Motion-sickness is the worst. Oh, A. I hope the flight stuff all works out. Baby puppy misses you too. When you come home, she’s going jump all over you, and bring you shoes, and when you sit on the sofa, she’ll definitely have to have her paw on you, if not her whole head.

3. 3 Jane Roe May 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Hope that you have no flight problems. Gracie needs her momma!

4. 4 kateandgracie May 17, 2010 at 2:26 am

We’re on pins and needles here, wondering if our flight is going to go. This afternoon seems better for flights, but ours doesn’t leave until 9:30ish. Late. This damn ash. That volcano needs to shut it.

5. 5 gwendolyngarden May 17, 2010 at 11:32 am

I’m praying for you and your unashed flight back to Londontown.

6. 6 Raoser May 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Hey Volcano, shut it! I hope you’re on a plane right now.

7. 7 Heather May 19, 2010 at 11:23 am

Are you back stateside? I know I didn’t comment but I really enjoyed being able to keep tabs on you during your adventure!

8. 8 gwendolyngarden May 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I’m glad to hear that you are back. Whenever you are rested enough, I can’t wait to see pictures!

May 2010
« Apr   Jun »
16171819202122

This photo doesn’t wholly capture how annoying it was to put up with this medicine cabinet for four years. It infringed on the already tiny amount of space we had in our en-suite bath. So, on Friday, something amazing happened. #recessthatcabinet #brassisback #allthingsbrass #potterybarn #bathroomupgrade #happyinteriors
Aaron as hodag. #hodag #hodaginmadison #publicart #rhinelandercreature #madisonmakingsmiles #madisonwi #cityofmadison
I did not see this one coming. # # # I said something about how he should knock off the bananas #Brewers insults and he shot back . . . with this. #milwaukeebrewers #gobrewers #turninguptheheat #wisconsin #sconnielove #katokaelinblockedme #katokaelin #blockedontwitter
Miss you, Dad. #oneyear
Go Brewers!! #gobrewers #mylittlebrewer #turninguptheheat #gamefour #milwaukeebrewers #sconniefans #MILvLAD⚾️
There was a day when she learned to #dab and she didn’t tell me. And she just pulled it out at some friends’ house one night, like it was the most natural thing. And while I couldn’t stop laughing, I realized I was witnessing another example of what will be only more big steps away from me and the life I thought the three of us had together. And I know that is beautiful and how it should be. But catching myself, watching that moment, finding it in a photograph? It takes my breath away at how fleeting and transient and amazing this all is. Molly, you are my #everything. I’m better because of you. Being your mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. By far. And I lived in Italy! #parenting #whyivoteblue #fallinwisconsin #moments #passageoftime #itgoestoofast