AO has long wanted to check out Yue Wah, a grocery store on South Park. And we had to be out of our place today for an open house, so we thought we’d finally see what was inside. A little tornado warning was not going to deter us.

Yue Wah

Yue Wah

Do you see Bear? Anyway, I’m no expert in grocery stores, but this one seemed pretty nice. I especially liked that it was not crowded. Though that could have had more to do with the ominous skies and probably shouldn’t be relied on by future customers who might be reading this.

Horseradishy

Horseradishy

Hello panda

Hello panda

Plates and spoons

Plates and spoons

Snake-head fish

Snake-head fish

Coffee

Coffee

Fruit

Fruit

Bear kept insisting on putting quinoa in the cart.

Blurry quinoa

Blurry quinoa

Sauces

Sauces

And then we went out to lunch and Bear sat in her first booster seat. I know she was probably old enough for that rite of passage many moons ago, but don’t blame her for the delay. That’s on me. I hope I didn’t do any permanent damage.

Crayons and a booster

Crayons and a booster

8 Responses to “A trip to the grocery store. Or how we spent our hours in exile from the open house.”

1. 1 Sara H November 18, 2013 at 9:07 am

Aha, so Wisconsin children DO have a taste for quinoa! Take that, NYT!

2. 2 kateandgracie November 18, 2013 at 9:57 am

Hahahahahahahaha!

In other news, looks like we’re going to get bumped on the house. We’re actually kinda relieved. It was going to be a lot of work. And not the fun redoing the kitchen kind of work. Paving the driveway, making sure the foundation doesn’t cave in, taking out trees, putting in window wells, etc. All doable. But a very long list of doable.

3. 3 Jane Roe November 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Sorry about the house. Grocery store reminded me df Valley’s in Shaumberg.

4. 4 Sara H November 19, 2013 at 9:06 am

Bummer on getting bumped! But I will say, we got bumped out of what I thought was a dream house in June, and we’ve gone on to zero in on something better – and the sellers are even willing to wait til we are ready in spring. So – who knows what is around the corner! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Those do sound like icky projects.

5. 5 kateandgracie November 19, 2013 at 9:10 am

Yeah, thanks you two. I really feel more relief than anything. After the inspection, we got super nervous.

6. 6 kateandgracie November 19, 2013 at 9:10 am

And holy awesome for great sellers! Keep me posted!

7. 7 Sara H November 20, 2013 at 9:17 am

I think we were the only buyers who were ok with their small cattle operation continuing on adjacent property in the parcel, so they had to like us. πŸ™‚

8. 8 kateandgracie November 20, 2013 at 9:59 am

Ha! Yeah, that’s probably not every buyer. Sounds like a great match.