Ikea has hit our home

This blog has not been generating a lot of comments lately and I’m certain this new post will do nothing to change that. That’s ok because I have my hands full trying to put together all of the Ikea madness that hit our home recently. I can barely feel my fingertips due to all of the twisting of the little screws and the particular pain that Ikea exacts. Here’s what I started to tackle last night.

Bear's new dresser (I hope)

Bear’s new dresser (I hope)

This lovely thing comes with a million and one boards, even more connecting parts and 56 steps.

Yowee!

Yowee!

I decided these needed to be organized a bit.

Ta da!

Ta da!

At 9:15, I threw in the towel and acknowledged I had lost the round. I’ll be back again tonight and am determined that the dresser will look as the god of Ikea intended.

6 Responses to “Ikea has hit our home”

1. 1 Mary May 2, 2014 at 9:57 am

that stuff loos very forbidding. Never would I attempt that. Can you pay them to put it together/

2. 2 kateandgracie May 2, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I’m sure you could pay someone to put it together, but I don’t know who. Also, we’re bleeding money these days so back to the screwdriver we go!

3. 3 palmtreesandpeas May 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm

That’s the first thing I do…organize all the parts! Love the before and after!

4. 4 kateandgracie May 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Tedious task, but makes it tons easier putting it together. Last night, I was wondering if others do this, too. Now I know they do!

5. 5 Jane Roe May 3, 2014 at 7:06 am

I love putting stuff together. My latest was a mission style desk from L.L.Bean. At step 17they recommended a second pair of hands. Grrrrr I was damned if I was going to ask for help at that point. Many swear words later I had it put together.

6. 6 kateandgracie May 5, 2014 at 9:05 am

Yeah, we ignore those “two sets of hands” instructions, too. For the most part. I admit I had to call in AO a time or two – though usually it was more to help decipher the Swedish hieroglyphics (as he calls them).

May 2014
« Apr   Jun »
18192021222324

Tile. Le sigh. #tile #floortile #details #tilework #artists #thankyouartists #lesigh #madisonwi
Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse