Ikea has hit our home

This blog has not been generating a lot of comments lately and I’m certain this new post will do nothing to change that. That’s ok because I have my hands full trying to put together all of the Ikea madness that hit our home recently. I can barely feel my fingertips due to all of the twisting of the little screws and the particular pain that Ikea exacts. Here’s what I started to tackle last night.

Bear's new dresser (I hope)

Bear’s new dresser (I hope)

This lovely thing comes with a million and one boards, even more connecting parts and 56 steps.

Yowee!

Yowee!

I decided these needed to be organized a bit.

Ta da!

Ta da!

At 9:15, I threw in the towel and acknowledged I had lost the round. I’ll be back again tonight and am determined that the dresser will look as the god of Ikea intended.

6 Responses to “Ikea has hit our home”

1. 1 Mary May 2, 2014 at 9:57 am

that stuff loos very forbidding. Never would I attempt that. Can you pay them to put it together/

2. 2 kateandgracie May 2, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I’m sure you could pay someone to put it together, but I don’t know who. Also, we’re bleeding money these days so back to the screwdriver we go!

3. 3 palmtreesandpeas May 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm

That’s the first thing I do…organize all the parts! Love the before and after!

4. 4 kateandgracie May 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Tedious task, but makes it tons easier putting it together. Last night, I was wondering if others do this, too. Now I know they do!

5. 5 Jane Roe May 3, 2014 at 7:06 am

I love putting stuff together. My latest was a mission style desk from L.L.Bean. At step 17they recommended a second pair of hands. Grrrrr I was damned if I was going to ask for help at that point. Many swear words later I had it put together.

6. 6 kateandgracie May 5, 2014 at 9:05 am

Yeah, we ignore those “two sets of hands” instructions, too. For the most part. I admit I had to call in AO a time or two – though usually it was more to help decipher the Swedish hieroglyphics (as he calls them).