So, we went to see about a dog…

And I was sure the three of us were going to come home from Waukesha as just the three of us. But, I was wrong.

This scruffster came with us

This scruffster came with us

Making herself comfortable

Making herself comfortable

And making herself right at home

And making herself right at home

We are in this 5-day foster period where we see if she’s the dog for us and we’re the family for her. She’s a lot – she’s skittish and a barker – but she’s also got serious undertones of super sweetness and she seems to love Bear. She’s no Gracie, but maybe she’ll be Molly’s Gracie. That’d be nice.

8 Responses to “So, we went to see about a dog…”

1. 1 Jane Roe May 12, 2014 at 3:38 pm

She is adorable. What is she and how old is she? Did you go to Fluffy Dog rescue or some other one? I truly hope it works out for the four of you. No house is really a home until a dog arrives. At least that’s what I’ve conned myself into believing;-)

2. 2 Mary Lloyd May 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm

She is adorable. Lots of work ahead for you guys. But you are already know that and you are in love❤️

3. 3 Tammy May 12, 2014 at 5:23 pm

OH how wonderful! More, more, we need more information! Age, name, found her space in the house, etc.

4. 4 satcla May 12, 2014 at 6:47 pm

What a beautiful sweet thing! I hope she’s the one. I love that she loves Bear. Love you all. ❤ ❤ 3

5. 5 Sara May 13, 2014 at 8:46 am

Cutie! Good for you.

6. 6 kateandgracie May 13, 2014 at 9:32 am

Thanks, everyone! She is a 20-month old labradoodle (white & black standard poodle dad & a chocolate lab mom). She sheds a bit. She’s 85 pounds, according to the rescue group. Jane, the rescue group is called Tailwaggers 911. She was being fostered by a nice family with two kids and two dogs in rural Waukesha. She had been given up by a woman who had health problems and couldn’t walk her anymore. She gave her to her daughter and the daughter ultimately gave her up. Apparently, the original owner was a bit of a recluse, so puppy is very wary of strangers. On family began the rescue process with the 5-day foster period, but gave her back. A second family came to meet her, but didn’t take her home. So, she’s been through quite a bit. If you count the breeder she came from, we would be her 6th home in 20 months. That’s a lot. She came with the name Cocoa but, much to my family’s horror, we’re calling her Gertie.

7. 7 Jane Roe May 13, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Love the name and doodles! I hope you are all adjusting and it will all work out. Doodles are really a great combination so give her time and I am sure she will be a perfect “furever” member of your family.

8. 8 kateandgracie May 14, 2014 at 11:21 am

I hope so! I really can’t see parting with her at this point. I hope they don’t reject us with the home visit. The house is a mess!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

May 2014
« Apr   Jun »
18192021222324

First fun house project happening here. Thanks @quadrostylestickers . . . #stairrisers #stairstickers #blackandwhite #houseproject #newhouseproject #interiordesign #newhouselove #quadrostylestickers
All ready for her field trip to @aldoleopoldnaturecenter with #laphamelementary. . . . . . Outfit curated by Molly. But most clothes/hat courtesy of @oneil6298, @heather4sure, @marylloyd9165, and @ppacnj. #grateful #fieldtrip #firstgrade #madisonwi #parenthood #littleexplorers #aldoleopold
Happy birthday to my mom, @marylloyd9165. She’s given me more than I deserve and tolerates me more than she should. At this point, I know it may be more because I have some control over when she sees her grandchild, but I’ll take it. She’s the strongest woman I know and my role model. Happy birthday, mom. We love you! ❤️❤️❤️ . . . And I’d give anything to look that cute at any age. #mymommyhero #moms #mymom #myrolemodel
Damage. @costco contracted with #InnoveILogistics to deliver our @lgusa washer & dryer. But instead of delivering the products we paid for, the @costco delivery company, apparently run by @sears crashed into our house, damaged it, and sped off with our appliances. Ugh. #costco #customerservice #whatismytimeworth #disrespectful #damage #damageclaim #housedamage #nodelivery #LG #disappointed #shouldvegonelocal #searsdelivery
Slowlllllllly, but progress. These go to 96”! @cb2 @sherwinwilliams #cb2 #sherwinwilliams #olympuswhite #newhouse #freshcoatofpaint #thesegotoeleven
Putting the light gray up to get that white trim to pop. #newhouse #graywalls #whitetrim #sherwinwilliams #olympuswhite