It’s all about balance

Bear has recently entered the dreaded “Why?” phase. Why this, why that. For example, the following type of exchange is not uncommon:

Me: Molly, will you please eat your egg?

Molly: Why?

Me: Because I don’t want you to get hungry later.

Molly: Why?

Me: Because I love you.

Molly: Why?

Me: Honestly, I’m not sure right now.

Lucky for us, though, she’s also entered the previously-unknown-to-me “baby” phase. This probably sounds bad, but it’s not. She has started calling littler things “baby whatever.” For example, she calls shredded cheese “baby cheese.” This morning I told her it was raining, but when we went outside she discovered it was really just sprinkling. So she told me that it was “baby rain.” Swoon.

7 Responses to “It’s all about balance”

1. 1 Mary October 14, 2014 at 11:07 am

Sat night she started with whys but wads not persistent. She is just so fabulous.

2. 2 Jane Roe October 14, 2014 at 11:59 am

Hmmmm, I believe Grandma is smitten and I don’t blame her. What a doll.

3. 3 kateandgracie October 14, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Grandma is indubitably biased, as well. But I love it!

4. 4 Sara October 15, 2014 at 9:22 am

Tee hee! The whys! I found that I usually got to a point where I’d say that we’d have to ask a scientist, and then she’d move on. 😉

5. 5 kateandgracie October 15, 2014 at 9:23 am

Oh my gosh! That’s an excellent answer. I’m stealing it, if you don’t mind.

6. 6 Sara October 17, 2014 at 9:22 am

My sister also uses “why do you want to know?” which seems to head off further questions. 🙂

7. 7 Kristin October 21, 2014 at 9:58 am