It’s all about balance

Bear has recently entered the dreaded “Why?” phase. Why this, why that. For example, the following type of exchange is not uncommon:

Me: Molly, will you please eat your egg?

Molly: Why?

Me: Because I don’t want you to get hungry later.

Molly: Why?

Me: Because I love you.

Molly: Why?

Me: Honestly, I’m not sure right now.

Lucky for us, though, she’s also entered the previously-unknown-to-me “baby” phase. This probably sounds bad, but it’s not. She has started calling littler things “baby whatever.” For example, she calls shredded cheese “baby cheese.” This morning I told her it was raining, but when we went outside she discovered it was really just sprinkling. So she told me that it was “baby rain.” Swoon.

7 Responses to “It’s all about balance”

1. 1 Mary October 14, 2014 at 11:07 am

Sat night she started with whys but wads not persistent. She is just so fabulous.

2. 2 Jane Roe October 14, 2014 at 11:59 am

Hmmmm, I believe Grandma is smitten and I don’t blame her. What a doll.

3. 3 kateandgracie October 14, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Grandma is indubitably biased, as well. But I love it!

4. 4 Sara October 15, 2014 at 9:22 am

Tee hee! The whys! I found that I usually got to a point where I’d say that we’d have to ask a scientist, and then she’d move on. 😉

5. 5 kateandgracie October 15, 2014 at 9:23 am

Oh my gosh! That’s an excellent answer. I’m stealing it, if you don’t mind.

6. 6 Sara October 17, 2014 at 9:22 am

My sister also uses “why do you want to know?” which seems to head off further questions. 🙂

7. 7 Kristin October 21, 2014 at 9:58 am

Baby rain! Swoon.

October 2014
« Sep   Nov »
19202122232425

Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse
The new @ancorakingst is everything. #ancoracoffee #ancorakingst #madisonwi #ancora #ancoramadison #madisoncoffeeshop #kingstreetbusinesses