A surprising reason to clean

It’s time to double down on getting our house in order because yesterday we learned that Molly has been handing out invitations at school to what she is calling the Best Sleepover Ever. We don’t know when it’s going to happen or even the names of everyone that she has invited. And if I know Molly, I doubt she even asked anyone to RSVP. Oy. I hope people bring sleeping bags.

7 Responses to “A surprising reason to clean”

1. 1 Mary Lloyd November 23, 2015 at 10:19 am

You can hope the parents RSVP!

2. 2 Kristin November 23, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Stop! Laughing so hard.

3. 3 kateandgracie November 23, 2015 at 2:23 pm

When her friend’s mom told me this news yesterday, I spit out my drink. She said, “Oh, by the way, did you know that Molly’s been handing out invitations…?”

4. 4 Terry November 24, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I’m impressed she’s going the old school route with real, hard copy in your hands, invitations! I hope I get one on Thursday!

5. 5 kateandgracie November 24, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Good point!! No Evites for her!

6. 6 Lexi November 30, 2015 at 9:04 am

How do I score an invite to this party? Sounds like fun!

7. 7 kateandgracie November 30, 2015 at 10:02 am

Ha! I’ll let you know when she picks a date!

November 2015
« Oct   Dec »
15161718192021

Tile. Le sigh. #tile #floortile #details #tilework #artists #thankyouartists #lesigh #madisonwi
Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeño jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse