Molly’s school has an upcoming auction to raise money for scholarships. In addition to donating a gift certificate to a bouncy house place (because someone wanted her birthday there before she didn’t want her birthday there and the deposit was non-refundable), I thought I could whip together a little peacock cape and donate it to the cause.
Of course, because I am me, I waited too long to start the project. All items needed to be into the school today, so I started cutting out the pattern on Tuesday, I was up until after 11 p.m. sewing on Wednesday and I finished the darn thing last night. It’s not nearly as nicely done as the one on Etsy and I ended up using some glue in some spots instead of sewing (because sewing in tiny little circles is hard!) BUT, it is done and out of the house!
A friend asked me, sweetly, today if Molly was sad to part with it. Nope, she didn’t care at all. She actually asked to be the one to give it away and then she even forgot about that.