Holy 🍌🍌🍌

Hi folks! Anyone out there?! I’m still here. You? I miss you!

Although I’ve been long absent, I have a zillion blog posts in my head. But I’ll release them if you’re interested. Or if you’re not interested. Tee hee.
Here’s what’s going on with me:

• A whole lot of stress at work in every way possible;
  • A husband about to turn 40;
  • A trip to Indianapolis because my winter tennis team won State (no thanks to moi!);
  • A trip with my mom to NYC to watch the US Open and celebrate her birthday!; and
  • Trying to figure out how to incorporate calm into my life, which may include – wait for it – seeking professional help. Gasp. {See what I did there, for those of you watching at home? I put it down in writing. In public. I’m taking some steps.}

In addition, I’d like to discuss, in no particular order: The Night Of; the decision to grant Adnan a new trial (though I assume that’ll be appealed); the public market that may – please, please, please – go in across the street from us; the Packers’ new season; the possibility of us redoing our kitchen; board and batten; how much dogs sleep; and Wisconsin politics. You with me?

13 Responses to “Holy 🍌🍌🍌”

1. 1 Jane Roe August 23, 2016 at 8:28 am

I am here and interested in all you do and think.

2. 2 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 8:34 am

Oh Jane, you’re too nice! I also wanted to add books. But I’ve read only two recently: Me Before You and Everything I Never Told You. Both were good vacation books, although they were both incredibly sad, because they were page-turners. I’m not sure I’d really recommend either one, though – not that I dissuade anyone from reading them, either. Semi-interestingly (maybe), while I plowed through Me Before You faster, and could barely put it down, I think EINTY was the better book and story.

Do you have some recs for me?!

3. 3 Mary August 23, 2016 at 8:52 am

I am also here and look forward to all you write. AND NYC!

4. 4 Tammy August 23, 2016 at 11:42 am

I’m in!!

5. 5 Nancy August 23, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I’m here. What is The Night Of? And I am a big fan of professional help. I like lunch with you, too. πŸ˜‰

6. 6 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Nancy, The Night Of is the MOST intriguing show on the telly right now. It’s on HBO. It’s ahhhhhhhhmaaaaaazing. I can hardly handle how into I am. As soon as I finish an episode, I want to watch it again.

7. 7 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm

!!!!!!!!! What dates will you be in NY??

I have not watched The Night Of. But I have watched Stranger Things.

8. 8 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Feebrain, Aug 31-sep 4. We have grounds tickets for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and are exploring Manhattan Saturday. Are you in town?!

9. 9 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Maybe? That weekend is mayhem in my neighborhood because of this big parade that happens every Labor Day, so I was thinking of getting out of town for the weekend… But i haven’t decided yet. I’ll let you know!

10. 10 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:29 pm

I figured that might be some kind of ‘thing.’ Also, maybe you should come here sometime. Just a thought. We have a room waiting for you and Aaron will make you potstickers without meat.

11. 11 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Ok but I’ll eat them with meat too, Carol!

12. 12 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Omg.

13. 13 Terry August 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I am also a big fan of professional help but a bigger fan of you.

August 2016
« Jul   Sep »
14151617181920

This photo doesn’t wholly capture how annoying it was to put up with this medicine cabinet for four years. It infringed on the already tiny amount of space we had in our en-suite bath. So, on Friday, something amazing happened. #recessthatcabinet #brassisback #allthingsbrass #potterybarn #bathroomupgrade #happyinteriors
Aaron as hodag. #hodag #hodaginmadison #publicart #rhinelandercreature #madisonmakingsmiles #madisonwi #cityofmadison
I did not see this one coming. # # # I said something about how he should knock off the bananas #Brewers insults and he shot back . . . with this. #milwaukeebrewers #gobrewers #turninguptheheat #wisconsin #sconnielove #katokaelinblockedme #katokaelin #blockedontwitter
Miss you, Dad. #oneyear
Go Brewers!! #gobrewers #mylittlebrewer #turninguptheheat #gamefour #milwaukeebrewers #sconniefans #MILvLAD⚾️
There was a day when she learned to #dab and she didn’t tell me. And she just pulled it out at some friends’ house one night, like it was the most natural thing. And while I couldn’t stop laughing, I realized I was witnessing another example of what will be only more big steps away from me and the life I thought the three of us had together. And I know that is beautiful and how it should be. But catching myself, watching that moment, finding it in a photograph? It takes my breath away at how fleeting and transient and amazing this all is. Molly, you are my #everything. I’m better because of you. Being your mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. By far. And I lived in Italy! #parenting #whyivoteblue #fallinwisconsin #moments #passageoftime #itgoestoofast