Holy 🍌🍌🍌

Hi folks! Anyone out there?! I’m still here. You? I miss you!

Although I’ve been long absent, I have a zillion blog posts in my head. But I’ll release them if you’re interested. Or if you’re not interested. Tee hee.
Here’s what’s going on with me:

• A whole lot of stress at work in every way possible;
  • A husband about to turn 40;
  • A trip to Indianapolis because my winter tennis team won State (no thanks to moi!);
  • A trip with my mom to NYC to watch the US Open and celebrate her birthday!; and
  • Trying to figure out how to incorporate calm into my life, which may include – wait for it – seeking professional help. Gasp. {See what I did there, for those of you watching at home? I put it down in writing. In public. I’m taking some steps.}

In addition, I’d like to discuss, in no particular order: The Night Of; the decision to grant Adnan a new trial (though I assume that’ll be appealed); the public market that may – please, please, please – go in across the street from us; the Packers’ new season; the possibility of us redoing our kitchen; board and batten; how much dogs sleep; and Wisconsin politics. You with me?

13 Responses to “Holy 🍌🍌🍌”

1. 1 Jane Roe August 23, 2016 at 8:28 am

I am here and interested in all you do and think.

2. 2 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 8:34 am

Oh Jane, you’re too nice! I also wanted to add books. But I’ve read only two recently: Me Before You and Everything I Never Told You. Both were good vacation books, although they were both incredibly sad, because they were page-turners. I’m not sure I’d really recommend either one, though – not that I dissuade anyone from reading them, either. Semi-interestingly (maybe), while I plowed through Me Before You faster, and could barely put it down, I think EINTY was the better book and story.

Do you have some recs for me?!

3. 3 Mary August 23, 2016 at 8:52 am

I am also here and look forward to all you write. AND NYC!

4. 4 Tammy August 23, 2016 at 11:42 am

I’m in!!

5. 5 Nancy August 23, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I’m here. What is The Night Of? And I am a big fan of professional help. I like lunch with you, too. πŸ˜‰

6. 6 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Nancy, The Night Of is the MOST intriguing show on the telly right now. It’s on HBO. It’s ahhhhhhhhmaaaaaazing. I can hardly handle how into I am. As soon as I finish an episode, I want to watch it again.

7. 7 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm

!!!!!!!!! What dates will you be in NY??

I have not watched The Night Of. But I have watched Stranger Things.

8. 8 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Feebrain, Aug 31-sep 4. We have grounds tickets for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and are exploring Manhattan Saturday. Are you in town?!

9. 9 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Maybe? That weekend is mayhem in my neighborhood because of this big parade that happens every Labor Day, so I was thinking of getting out of town for the weekend… But i haven’t decided yet. I’ll let you know!

10. 10 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:29 pm

I figured that might be some kind of ‘thing.’ Also, maybe you should come here sometime. Just a thought. We have a room waiting for you and Aaron will make you potstickers without meat.

11. 11 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Ok but I’ll eat them with meat too, Carol!

12. 12 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Omg.

13. 13 Terry August 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I am also a big fan of professional help but a bigger fan of you.

August 2016
« Jul   Sep »
14151617181920

Tile. Le sigh. #tile #floortile #details #tilework #artists #thankyouartists #lesigh #madisonwi
Noontime walk. #hellobucky #bascomhall #ineedthosepitzips #sweatyandfreezing #winterinwisconsin #madisonwi
After an extremely long and entertaining (for those over 6) retirement party, my little Bear has crashed with her little bear. . . . I’ve heard through the office grapevine that some peeps don’t think kids should be at events like this. And that’s a legit opinion. But it’s not mine or Aaron’s so I think we should be all good. . . . Retirements are so bittersweet. This one was a doozy. . . . #wisconsin #friends #ourkidcomeswithus #wiscobarkid #bearonbear #workfamily #humility #sincerity #honesty #love #b&w #eyelashes
A series I’m calling An End of a Era: Skye Had a Limit. Truth be told, she ghosted on Skye and the gang maybe two years ago so this era has been over for some time, but I’m just now getting around to offloading it. And in doing so, I was reminded of both how much we accumulated and in how many forms. The Etsy pegdoll form, in which she asked me to give them little matching string scarves; the tiny little ones Molly insisted on painting because she saw it on YouTube; the pirate series; the Patrollers as poofy rubber squishy friends; and so many more. I love how kids get so into these stories and characters, but the merch is overwhelming. Still, I got a teensy emotional clearing it all out. As you may have guessed. . . . . #pawpatrol #cleaninghouse #growingup #etsy #toomuchstuff #growingpains #decluttering #endofanera
The answer when I Googled why I couldn’t see as well. I’m no doctor, but this seems to check out. #googledoc #visionprobs #over40
Somehow this pic disappeared from my feed! I cannot stand for such an injustice. The best breakfast sandwich in Madison must be seen and heralded. Blueberry jalapeΓ±o jam?!? Who knew?! @ancorakingst apparently. #madisoneats #sandwiches #breakfastsandwiches #sandwichesofinstagram #sandwichesofwisconsin #sandwichesofmadison #ancoracoffeehouse