Holy 🍌🍌🍌

Hi folks! Anyone out there?! I’m still here. You? I miss you!

Although I’ve been long absent, I have a zillion blog posts in my head. But I’ll release them if you’re interested. Or if you’re not interested. Tee hee.
Here’s what’s going on with me:

• A whole lot of stress at work in every way possible;
  • A husband about to turn 40;
  • A trip to Indianapolis because my winter tennis team won State (no thanks to moi!);
  • A trip with my mom to NYC to watch the US Open and celebrate her birthday!; and
  • Trying to figure out how to incorporate calm into my life, which may include – wait for it – seeking professional help. Gasp. {See what I did there, for those of you watching at home? I put it down in writing. In public. I’m taking some steps.}

In addition, I’d like to discuss, in no particular order: The Night Of; the decision to grant Adnan a new trial (though I assume that’ll be appealed); the public market that may – please, please, please – go in across the street from us; the Packers’ new season; the possibility of us redoing our kitchen; board and batten; how much dogs sleep; and Wisconsin politics. You with me?

13 Responses to “Holy 🍌🍌🍌”

1. 1 Jane Roe August 23, 2016 at 8:28 am

I am here and interested in all you do and think.

2. 2 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 8:34 am

Oh Jane, you’re too nice! I also wanted to add books. But I’ve read only two recently: Me Before You and Everything I Never Told You. Both were good vacation books, although they were both incredibly sad, because they were page-turners. I’m not sure I’d really recommend either one, though – not that I dissuade anyone from reading them, either. Semi-interestingly (maybe), while I plowed through Me Before You faster, and could barely put it down, I think EINTY was the better book and story.

Do you have some recs for me?!

3. 3 Mary August 23, 2016 at 8:52 am

I am also here and look forward to all you write. AND NYC!

4. 4 Tammy August 23, 2016 at 11:42 am

I’m in!!

5. 5 Nancy August 23, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I’m here. What is The Night Of? And I am a big fan of professional help. I like lunch with you, too. 😉

6. 6 kateandgracie August 23, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Nancy, The Night Of is the MOST intriguing show on the telly right now. It’s on HBO. It’s ahhhhhhhhmaaaaaazing. I can hardly handle how into I am. As soon as I finish an episode, I want to watch it again.

7. 7 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm

!!!!!!!!! What dates will you be in NY??

I have not watched The Night Of. But I have watched Stranger Things.

8. 8 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Feebrain, Aug 31-sep 4. We have grounds tickets for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and are exploring Manhattan Saturday. Are you in town?!

9. 9 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Maybe? That weekend is mayhem in my neighborhood because of this big parade that happens every Labor Day, so I was thinking of getting out of town for the weekend… But i haven’t decided yet. I’ll let you know!

10. 10 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 5:29 pm

I figured that might be some kind of ‘thing.’ Also, maybe you should come here sometime. Just a thought. We have a room waiting for you and Aaron will make you potstickers without meat.

11. 11 Kristin August 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Ok but I’ll eat them with meat too, Carol!

12. 12 kateandgracie August 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Omg.

13. 13 Terry August 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I am also a big fan of professional help but a bigger fan of you.