Reason number 736874232 why I love Wisconsin

Donald Driver wins Dancing with the Stars and the whole state celebrates!

7 Responses to “Reason number 736874232 why I love Wisconsin”

1. 1 Tammy May 24, 2012 at 11:10 am

Right on!

2. 2 kateandgracie May 25, 2012 at 5:51 am

It was so fun and hilarious to watch the local news coverage after the win! The local ABC channel not only had someone in LA covering the event, but they sent someone to Green Bay to interview folks watching the show (at Curly’s Pub at Lambeau, I think). Everyone was so proud of him they even pulled out words like “dog-gone.” So cute.

3. 3 Sara H May 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

Even my mom voted! And my boss was telling us about his wife voting during a high school orchestra concert. The whole state was bananas for DWTS. Best was DD’s reaction when he won. Loved it. I sure hope he’s back this season.

4. 4 kateandgracie May 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I know! Wasn’t that hilarious? I mean all of it — from everyone and their mother (literally) voting to DD being adorably cute about winning. How awesome was it when he was all, “What’s his name is going to do a salsa and Katherine is going to do a quick step, so I’ve got an idea…” Such a brilliant — and fun — competitor. And a great dancer!

In other news, Gracie seems to have a bladder infection and is on antibiotics. Do you think she’s sexually active?

5. 5 Mary May 26, 2012 at 10:07 am

Love that new picture on your blog. AND I do hope DD will be back! Maybe as a receiver coach…..

6. 6 kateandgracie May 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I think he’ll be back to play!

7. 7 kateandgracie May 30, 2012 at 9:53 am

And now it looks like he really will be returning to Green Bay! Hooray!!

May 2012
« Apr   Jun »
20212223242526

This photo doesn’t wholly capture how annoying it was to put up with this medicine cabinet for four years. It infringed on the already tiny amount of space we had in our en-suite bath. So, on Friday, something amazing happened. #recessthatcabinet #brassisback #allthingsbrass #potterybarn #bathroomupgrade #happyinteriors
Aaron as hodag. #hodag #hodaginmadison #publicart #rhinelandercreature #madisonmakingsmiles #madisonwi #cityofmadison
I did not see this one coming. # # # I said something about how he should knock off the bananas #Brewers insults and he shot back . . . with this. #milwaukeebrewers #gobrewers #turninguptheheat #wisconsin #sconnielove #katokaelinblockedme #katokaelin #blockedontwitter
Miss you, Dad. #oneyear
Go Brewers!! #gobrewers #mylittlebrewer #turninguptheheat #gamefour #milwaukeebrewers #sconniefans #MILvLAD⚾️
There was a day when she learned to #dab and she didn’t tell me. And she just pulled it out at some friends’ house one night, like it was the most natural thing. And while I couldn’t stop laughing, I realized I was witnessing another example of what will be only more big steps away from me and the life I thought the three of us had together. And I know that is beautiful and how it should be. But catching myself, watching that moment, finding it in a photograph? It takes my breath away at how fleeting and transient and amazing this all is. Molly, you are my #everything. I’m better because of you. Being your mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. By far. And I lived in Italy! #parenting #whyivoteblue #fallinwisconsin #moments #passageoftime #itgoestoofast